A teaching resource from the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, La Trobe University, exploring relationships, sexual consent, equity and sexual and reproductive health. Funded by the Australian Government.
A groundbreaking skills development approach to ethical sexual decision-making.
The Lesson Plans
Some lessons include:
- The truth about desire (Yrs 9-10)
- What’s OK and what’s not OK (sexual harassment) (Yrs7-8)
- How to get to know someone (Yrs 7-8)
- Porn, what you should know (Yrs 8 up)
- Rollercoaster – love, sex & relationships (Yrs 9-10)
What's in the Box?
Sequentially organised, age-appropriate lesson plans; fun videos to use with students; videos of teaching tips with the principal author; and links to the Australian Curriculum - HPE.
Talking About Porn
We’ve included a video and lesson plan about porn for your Year 8 or above students. Our main concern is that sexually inexperienced young people have the chance to hear an alternative set of standards – that sex can be a mutually enjoyable and consensual experience.